Neck Pain Relief
Neck pain affects millions of people every year and is a leading cause of disability. When a stiff, sore, achy neck limits your ability to work, drive, or even sleep, you need neck pain relief that lasts. At Sofos Chiropractic in White Plains, NY, our chiropractor, Dr. Konstantinos Sofos, provides natural treatment methods for neck pain to help your body heal.
Causes and Risk Factors of Neck Pain
People of all ages may experience neck pain, although it does tend to be more common in women. At our chiropractic clinic, some of the most common neck ailments we see include:
- Neck muscle strains and ligament sprains (often due to whiplash or chronic poor posture, including text neck)
- Degenerative disc disease
- Disc herniation or disc bulge
- Spinal stenosis
It's also common for people with other conditions, like shoulder pain or headaches, to report neck pain.
You may be more likely to develop neck pain if you have one or more of the following risk factors:
- Female gender
- Advancing age
- Sedentary lifestyle (associated with poor posture and weak core muscles)
- Repetitive motions, especially when overhead
- Trauma, such as a car accident or lifting accident
How Our Chiropractor Can Help
It is important not to wait to seek treatment for neck pain, as your condition could worsen and lead to other health complications. When you first visit us, Dr. Sofos will perform a physical exam to look for the cause of your pain. We will then create a customized treatment plan for your condition. Some of the methods we may use include the following:
- Helping you learn about your unique posture and postural imbalances and how to correct them.
- Providing chiropractic adjustments that identify abnormal spinal joint mobility, optimize alignment, improve symptoms, and accentuate the healing power of your own nervous system.
- Exercise-based therapy to reduce inflammation, maximize spinal muscle endurance, and increase core stability and overall body awareness.
- Physical therapy or vibration therapy or improve your range of motion and help your neck heal.
Your neck pain treatment will be unique to you and your condition. Dr. Sofos will take the time to understand your current health challenges and goals to make sure you get the results you're looking for. With consistent chiropractic care, we can alleviate your pain and help your body heal.
Visit Our Chiropractor in White Plains, NY for Neck Pain Relief
If you are experiencing neck pain, we can help. At Sofos Chiropractic in White Plains, NY, our chiropractor is dedicated to finding the right treatment for each patient. Dr. Sofos will help you return to a pain-free life. Call us today at (914) 686-8844 to schedule an appointment.